Is it possible ???

ameyo

yesterday i went looking for a UPS which can hold without electricity for 3 hours and i were shocked by the prices BUT one of the sales told me that i can one a normal UPS for example for 50 $ and replace it battery with a car one of a truck one and it will be fine anybody heard about s/th like that ?!?! :confused::confused:

sorry for my English
thx

bomberboysk

Your not gonna get a ups that can go without electricty for 3 hours unless you either are running one super small load like an atom nettop or you have a UPS thats the size of 2 full tower computer cases.... I have heard of replacing the batteries but your not gonna get anywhere near 3 hours and would probably end up burning the transformer in the UPS up.

ameyo

do you think that the ups would burn ?! because am not giving more voltage i dont know the unit name exactly but the ups which holds for 15 min has 7 units the car has 80-85 you can find also s/th like 100

bomberboysk

http://www.computerforum.com/152221-ups-home-upgrading.html
Dont post a duplicate post. The car batteries would much longer to charge, causing the charger to run for longer than what it is designed and overheat. Another problem is the inverter that converts from battery power to 120v 60hz AC current would run for longer than the designed runtime, and that 15minute figure is either at 50% load or it is a very low wattage output unit.

Last edited:

wicked

ive herd of putting jell batteries in a ups but the most time ive herd was about an hr but im not sure of what theay were doing my lasts about 25mn and i never try to let it go that far.