Is My Computer Good for Gaming?

Dirtmuncher111

I just got a new computer yesterday and was wondering how it will probably perform at gaming, as I don't have any games yet. First of all, on 3DMark06 I got a score of 4404 and on the "Windows Experience Index" for Vista I got a score of 4.8. Here are the specs of my comp.

Acer Aspire M5630
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.2GHz
3GB of DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista (32-bit)
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB

epidemik

It will get you decent frame rates on decent settings on somewhat new games.
(lol, thats kinda vague)

DirtyD86

banned
overclock the CPU to 3.0ish, which you can do easily with a good mobo
cut down to 2gb ram and use the extra money to buy an 8800gt

and you will have yourself one bad ass gaming machine

fortyways

banned
He can't do that; it's a pre-built Acer, just like he said. He also said he already has it.

Being "good" for gaming has a whole different meaning here than with most people (the type who'll buy a pre-built machine). I think it'll do fine. Which games are you hoping to play with it, and how high do you like your settings?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I just got a new computer yesterday and was wondering how it will probably perform at gaming, as I don't have any games yet. First of all, on 3DMark06 I got a score of 4404 and on the "Windows Experience Index" for Vista I got a score of 4.8. Here are the specs of my comp.

Acer Aspire M5630
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.2GHz
3GB of DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista (32-bit)
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB

I think you got the model number wrong. Google says the M5630 has a Blue Ray driver plus a Q6600...

Geoff

VIP Member
It's decent and the CPU is very good, the biggest downfall however is the video card. The 8600GT is a decent card, but is on the border line of being a low-end/mid-ranged card.