Is there a way to tell Microsoft Word to "guess" what I mean every time I make a typo

andrewanimation

Is there a way to tell Microsoft Word to "guess" what I mean every time I make a typo? For example, I type "tsanding," and instead of changing it to "standing," it underlines it red. I know I can then right-click it, and select AutoCorrect > standing, so that, from now on, if the same exact typo arises in the future, in which I accidentally type "tsanding," it'll change it to "standing." I've thus far collected *hundreds* of specific typo corrections in this way. But that's very time-consuming, and is only a weak attempt at preventing typos I may be likely to make in the future (based on the fact that I made the exact typo at least once before). Is there any way to establish that I want Microsoft Word to go ahead and correct every single "underlined red" occurrence from now on, based on its best guess as to what I meant? (except in cases where the typo was so bad that it has no guess at all) That way, when it corrects something I *didn't* want corrected, I can then go back and add what I wanted to its dictionary, to tell it not to consider that word an accident from then on.

bengal85

I believe that it is in the program settings unless it is on all the time the guessing depends on the size of the error you made

tremmor

i think your question is legit and would be a whip if that was so. No .....never seen no animal like that. ive checked for similar in the past. WordWebPro was one ive used for years. Problem is from what ive seen that some if not many will use the wrong word in the 1st place. At least wordwebpro will give you options with synonyms also. (diff words that mean the same thing). also allows wildcards. and tells how to use the word in a sentence. (examples). thats the best ive seen so far. It will even pronounce the word for ya. im interested though. just don't see it happening. i will watch.

the proggy was created from a group of Berkley students. not free though. love good dictionarys though. auto repair would be a whip.

another example why not.
you might be talking about amd motherboard, intel processor. does it change the word amd to and.
to many variables.

Last edited:

andrewanimation

The "amd" example would be fixed by adding "AMD" to the dictionary, so it never tries to correct it in the first place. But yes, so far it looks like I'll have to go without a typo-fixer.