is there money to be made?

i was wondering if i could make some extra cash buying parts and selling the complete computers on ebay. i would build mid end gaming systems and just sell them for like 100 bucks more than what the parts cost me. can this be done or is it not worth it? i dont have a job anymore so it would be nice to do this, sience i like to build computers... any input? -jay

Bobo

banned
I think you would be better off setting up your own local business, because ebay probably wouldn't give you the best prices.

well im only 15... im just looking for something to keep me occupied for the winter. plus i dont know many people who want high end computers so.

Arm_Pit

banned
After the exrtreamly expensive shipping cost to ship a whole computer undamaged and undented its nto really worth it to sell one on ebay after that, Just put a local advertisments out imo. The free ones. http://www.recycler.com/

bamhm182

There's also a place called Craig's list, you can put it on there.

Craig's List FAQ said:
All posts are free, except for:

job listings in New York City, Los Angeles, and the S.F Bay Area
brokered housing posts in New York City

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well im only 15... im just looking for something to keep me occupied for the winter. plus i dont know many people who want high end computers so.
Hehe, IMO, the money is made off the low and mid-range systems.

ETSA

I agree with Praetor, if money is yur goal low end systems are much more profitable. Hell, go to best buy, write down some specs and try to build one the same and sell it for 20% less than Best Buy and you are probably still looking at making several hundred dollars for each rig. Also, you can offer free maintainence and setup. That will keep you busy I am sure. :)

Calibretto

VIP Member
I started a local small business for building and repairing PCs. I'm only 17. I don't make a whole lot of money. Just some extra cash for gas. :)