Is this PC worth anything/is there a market for it?

dug987654

Hi All,

Thinking about getting a laptop instead of my desktop PC as I no longer use it.

Is it worth anything or is there even a market for it as a whole or in components?

Phenom II X4 3.0 Ghz
4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Corsair RAM
ASUS motherboard
128 GB Crucial M4 SSD
500 GB WD black HDD
XFX 5770 1 GB graphics card
500 watt Antec Earthwatts PSU
Antec Sonata case
DVD writer

20" Samsung LCD monitor

Everything is out of warranty apart from the SSD.

Do you think people would want to buy that either as a whole PC or as separate items?

Thanks in advance, Doug.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its got a quad core processor so its still a decent machine. You probably could sell it as a whole. The 5770 video card is outdated but can still play decent games. What model of Asus motherboard do you have?

dug987654

What model of Asus motherboard do you have?

Thanks for your reply John.

It's a Asus M4A785TD-V EVO. It has onboard video too.

Is there anything specific that I should take out and sell separately that is perhaps worth more on it's own than what is adds in value to the system? I was thinking about the SSD or the graphics card in particular.

Doug.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You might be able to sell the ssd for more separately but prices have came way down on ssd's so you still won't get much for it. The m4's are outdated along with the 5770. I would probably just sell it as a whole.

PCunicorn

As a whole it isn't worth much, I would definitely part it out.

This is how much they are worth on eBay. You might be able to get a little more, but you'll have a much harder time selling them most likely.

Phenom X4=$65
4GB 1333 RAM=$30
Asus Motherboard=Depends on model and chipset
128 GB Crucial M4=$80
500GB Black=$40
HD 5770=$70
500W PSU=$40
Antec Case=$15 on Craigslist
DVD Drive=$12

Monitor=$40 to $60 on Craigslist ($65 to $85 on eBay, including shipping), depends on resolution