It seems to me that a recent Windows 7 update from only about 3 or so days ago...

andrewanimation

It seems to me that a recent Windows 7 update from only about 3 or so days ago started a new problem where, for some reason, at the end of every day, between midnight to 1AM my time, (EST) my computer suddenly runs low on RAM/freezes up, the bad kind of freezing up where the ctrl alt del won't work (or the ctrl shift esc) and I have to force a reboot. I suspect the recent update because I realized it started happening after installing that, and I didn't install anything else recently.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
You see?This is EXACTLY what happens when people install new updates when it's not neccessary.Tell me something...did you REALLY need that update? -_-

TFT

VIP Member
You see?This is EXACTLY what happens when people install new updates when it's not neccessary.Tell me something...did you REALLY need that update? -_-

I fail to see the logic, myself and thousands others have also updated with no problem.

To the OP, if you truly believe the update is the cause of your problem then simply uninstall the updates.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I fail to see the logic, myself and thousands others have also updated with no problem.

To the OP, if you truly believe the update is the cause of your problem then simply uninstall the updates.

My point was that there is no point in updating the computer if everything works the way it should...

TFT

VIP Member
My point was that there is no point in updating the computer if everything works the way it should...

My point is, ignore the software updates unless you really need them but do not ignore the important security updates and 2 of them for the 24th of February were security ones.
If security updates are not installed then your computer may well work like it should ......... until that security hole is breached because you didn't download the update.

You can't make a blanket statement on all updates like that, optional should be software updates but security protection is a must due to original programming cockups.

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Thats why I always have my McAfee turned on when I am connected to the internet.The ONLY updates I ever installed on my XP laptop were SP1,SP2 and SP3.LoL...
And I never had any problems.Plus I didn't reinstall my XP OS since 2004. and everything still works perfect and I have done a million different things on it.:D