Its like christmas!!!

carter89

Hey guys!!! hows everyone doin? Well tommorrow I order the last of my parts a i5 750 radeon 5770 and Win 7 64 bit. Im soo excited because I will be building my first computer. There were a couple things I was wondering and i'll just list them.

1) When building your first computer what were the things you had to watch out for? major and minor
2) After it was built what do you do after u make sure that its starts up?
3) Did your first computer come out the way you wanted it to?
4) What programs are a must for newly built computers?
5) How much did you drop on ur rig?
6) Can you use two different type HDD? Like SATA and Parallel ATA
6) And are there any other words of wisdom?

I would be grateful for your input and I will put up pics and let you know how it goes (Hopefully work on it Next Tues or Weds).

2048Megabytes

Here is a link to a lot of great advice on building a custom system for yourself:

http://www.computerforum.com/104641-how-build-computer-step-step-photos.html

I am presently using a Western Digital Parallel ATA hard drive and a Seagate Serial ATA hard drive in my system. If you are using multiple hard drives I suggest loading Linux Ubuntu 9.10 on one of drives and Windows 7 on another hard drive. You can change boot priority of your hard drives in BIOS to switch between operating systems.

The Core i5 750 Quad-Core is a great processor. What motherboard, power supply, hard drives and RAM are you going to use?