itunes folder showing trojans

Casie

My friend is having probs with her laptop. Her husband is a raging idiot. He was using limewire WITH NO ANTIVIRUS!!!!!
He has repeatedly deleted AVG when she adds it to her computer. (She bought the laptop from dell with AVG) He claims it is no good.
My assumption is bc he can't access the sites or whatever he wants without being flagged.
Example. Last night he tried to access his itunes after I had readded AVG. It wouldnt let him use it. It had a crap-ton of trojans. Now he is saying that AVG is retarded bc itunes cannot have infections. I believe that limewire was sharing a folder with itunes though.
I was hoping for some info. Anyone have any?

Respital

Well if you want to stop him from accessing the site and uninstalling AVG would be to put a password on the admin account and let him use a limited account which would not let him install or uninstall anything. And if that doesn't work the other option that i see would be to edit the hosts file and deny access to the site.

Casie

Well if you want to stop him from accessing the site and uninstalling AVG would be to put a password on the admin account and let him use a limited account which would not let him install or uninstall anything. And if that doesn't work the other option that i see would be to edit the hosts file and deny access to the site.

Yeah I told her I could set it up. But we have hidden the antivirus to where it isnt in plain sight anymore. Passwords are the nest step.

lawson_jl

Your an idiot for using limewire on any system with or without an AV program. That's not a moral judgement is a statement of fact. Even if your AV detects a virus on your system that means it's already on your computer. No AV is perfect no matter how good it is.

Casie

Your an idiot for using limewire on any system with or without an AV program. That's not a moral judgement is a statement of fact. Even if your AV detects a virus on your system that means it's already on your computer. No AV is perfect no matter how good it is.

Excuse me.... Were you implying that I am an idiot? It is not my computer. I am simply trying to help my friend. Her husband is naive to computer common sense. If you were not directing that to me then why would you even comment?