itunes with ipod

robina_80

basically ive got a laptop and a desktop with itunes installed on both of them and whenever i download new music from my laptop because my ipod's configured to my desktop it wont download the new song to my ipod how come? any one help me

dhaynes

so basically your saying that you can't get any songs downloaded on your laptop onto your iPod. this is because Apple has the iPod setup so that it only works on one computer, so that people can't copy songs to their friends computers or whatever. there are ways around this but i believe they are all illegal.

OS Dragon

Make sure that both computers are authorised.
If the machine that you are trying to play M4P (or MP4) files on is not an authorised machine then they won't play, I don't think it will even register with the file that iTunes is installed on that machine.

Last edited:

MrBucket

i just use the new version of Winamp (v5.20), if you dont already have it, download it at http://www.winamp.com and once installed, make sure the "Media Library" is open by going to "View" and youl see in the newly opened window "Portable Devices" and it should pick up your ipod, and you just drag n' drop......you should get it from there:)