Ivy Bridge is available in the UK!

spirit

Staff member
My Dad has placed an order for an i5 3570K and a Gigabyte Z77 board, so hopefully within the next few days or so I will be able to tell you what Ivy Bridge is like! Will be interesting comparing the 3570K to the 2500K, but one thing to note is that Dad won't be overclocking his 3570K, so I won't be able to tell you how it overclocks.

Here is a Novatech link http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/processors/intel3rdgencorei3,i5andi71155socket/ as of 21:12 on the 28th April, there are only several i5s and a couple of i7s available, hopefully tomorrow and over the next few days the Celerons, Pentiums and i3s will come along. Price wise, Ivy Bridge is slightly more expensive than Sandy Bridge, and the price of the Sandy Bridge chips have remained the same, but I'm sure as time goes on, prices will go down. :)

spirit

Staff member
:eek: $292 USD converted. I'd stick with a 2500k...

To be honest, looking at the performance charts at stock speeds, there's not much difference between the 2500K and the 3570K. :/ but if you're building a new system now, I'd go for the 3570K just because it's newer. I'm sticking with my 2500K, not looking to upgrade just yet. :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
About time we see prices!

Although i must admit,I was expecting the whole Ivy bridge line to be cheaper. :/

Not sure i will bother upgrading,It does not seem worth it (to me anyway) on spending £295-300) on a new mobo and CPU when my current still eats through everything with ease.

I wonder if Intel will do another revision of the CPU,s with this layer of "Internal thermal paste" problem thats causing them all to get very warm?

Last edited:

jonnyp11

it's supposed to be cheaper according to anandtech, they showed the 3570k as 219 and 3770k as like 319 i think (i know that's what the shpwed the 3570k as)

spirit

Staff member
The Ivy Bridge chips will get cheaper, and so will the Sandy Bridge chips. They only got released here yesterday, give them time! :)

spirit

Staff member
They've had Ivy in Uk for about a week now.
You say that, but I've been looking on all the major retailers (Novatech, Dabs, Aria etc etc) since Monday and none of them had them until yesterday, and only Novatech have them at the minute.

Ankur

That is not good, I would recommend 2500k for price and performance, I could get a game for that 30$ saved or extra RAM, but customers after seeing the Ivy bridge price.
images

wolfeking

banned
I am getting a 3570k just to get the IB. frankly the price difference is not worth going with an older generation. (in my mind anyway.)

Ankur

I am getting a 3570k just to get the IB. frankly the price difference is not worth going with an older generation. (in my mind anyway.)

That sounds good, still at last its the customers choice, I like the new technologies in the IVB, also see the pricing is right for these advance new 22nm tech, so its a users choice at last, I also don't think that 2500k's price will come down.

wolfeking

banned
If history holds the prices for sandy will hold. Ivy will probably come down though, but not by a lot. Its only $30 above right now. It may come down by 10 or 20, but that is still great for a processor like that. New tech, overclocking and 22nm, you ought to pay for what you get.

Aastii

VIP Member
They've had Ivy in Uk for about a week now.

No we haven't :)

Once I have sold my current board + CPU I'm getting a 3570K + Z77 board. Would order now but Barclays decided to eat my card on Friday because there was a mark on it for no reason :mad:

I really don't see a problem with the prices at all. The 3570K is taking over from the 2500K and price wise:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-404-IN&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=567

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-360-IN&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1275

They are the same. A Z77 board costs no more than a Z68 or P67 board does, so the big issue here is really unknown to me. We all know that prices here are much higher than the US, so comparing directly by conversion doesn't really work at all.