join WCG and build a supercomputer to crunch!

WhiteFireDragon

I noticed that this forum has not started a crunching team on World Community Grid (WCG) yet, and now is a good chance to start. What is crunching you ask? Short and easy to understand, it works the same as folding@home, except instead of using the GPU to do work, your CPU will be used to "crunch" scientific data to help find a cure for cancer, AIDS, Muscular Dystrophy, and other diseases. Instead of wasting unused cycles from your CPU when it's idle most of the time, why not let your CPU do some work for a good cause?

Now for a week, from May 1 through May 8, all of XtremeSystems forum is participating in a massive build of a supercomputer consisting of individual computers owned by you and I. We will try matching and beating the computational power of the world's top supercomputers. All I ask is a week of your machine's idle time to help out with this. Like F@H, this can be quite addictive just seeing your points rack up, knowing you're helping mankind at the same time. (more details on this project announcement)

HERE is an easy step by step how to join, install, and setup to crunch. If you're extremely lazy and don't want to register an account, you may even use mine, so PM me for the user name and password.

If you have any questions about the project or the cause, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Last edited:

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I noticed that this forum has not started a crunching team on World Community Grid (WCG) yet, and now is a good chance to start. What is crunching you ask? Short and easy to understand, it works the same as folding@home, except instead of using the GPU to do work, your CPU will be used to "crunch" scientific data to help find a cure for cancer, AIDS, Muscular Dystrophy, and other diseases. Instead of wasting unused cycles from your CPU when it's idle most of the time, why not let your CPU do some work for a good cause?

Now for a week, from May 1 through May 8, all of XtremeSystems forum is participating in a massive build of a supercomputer consisting of individual computers owned by you and I. We will try matching and beating the computational power of the world's top supercomputers. All I ask is a week of your machine's idle time to help out with this. Like F@H, this can be quite addictive just seeing your points rack up, knowing you're helping mankind at the same time. (more details on this project announcement)

HERE is an easy step by step how to join, install, and setup to crunch. If you're extremely lazy and don't want to register an account, you may even use mine, so PM me for the user name and password.

If you have any questions about the project or the cause, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.
I've been using CPU clients for Folding@Home since 2004.