Just about to get a new monitor

jon76

Hi, as the title suggests, I'm getting a new monitor, I have £100 to spend and although I wanted a better graphics card, I'm currently using a horrible old monitor I got from a boot sale for £5, although it was a bargain for the price, I really need a better one before I get another graphics card, I'm torn between the following one's, is there any advantage you can see in either one here, the one from Curry's, I can catch the bus and pick up, the one on Amazon, I'll have to wait for, if it's considerably better, I'm prepared to wait, http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0097I6R...TF8&colid=1OJZ4HLEKJA3X&coliid=I2TXDSPD04BR0T www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/mon...-21-5-ips-led-monitor-white-10071551-pdt.html

I would go for the Asus, just a personal pick if it were me. The Asus does have a 5ms response time against the 6ms response from the Acer.

jon76

Thanks, I actually ended up getting the Acer before anyone responded, I am a little impatient, I was thinking Asus also purely because of all the good components they make, one thing that did put me off is the fact it had built in speakers, who the hell uses a monitors built in speakers? anyway, I have the Acer monitor set up, and everything looks so much better, I think I made the right choice with this upgrade, currently using HDMI, but I've ordered a dvi cable.

Next either the desperately needed graphics card, or the even more desperately needed backup drive!

Last edited: