just because you can should you

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
NO.... Unless its has the system specs to support windows 7. If you can list its specs we can tell you if it would be a good idea or not.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't install 7 on those specs. Not enough memory for it. Not much, less than 75 bucks I would say. Its a very old machine.

okcpcguy

thanks that's what I needed to know I bought about 20 of them at an auction and I was trying to decide what to sell them for also bought 20 IBM Thinkpad laptop ranging from T40 T41 t43 t60 z60t
T42

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You're best off just sticking a clean copy of XP on them and selling them.

spirit

Staff member
Well I think there's something wrong with the installation of XP itself then. Do you install XP via a genuine CD or a burned one?

XP would run better on that spec than 7 would.

okcpcguy

Yes I used the latest drifters straight from Lenovo.com and that's basically what I'mrunning a striped Bryson of 7

piskavac

I wouldn't install 7 on those specs. Not enough memory for it. Not much, less than 75 bucks I would say. Its a very old machine.

Why not. If he is willing to bother himself about upgrading RAM from 1,5 to at least 2Gb, he can do that.

I know it is harder to upgrade notebook with RAM, but it isn't impossible mission.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Why not. If he is willing to bother himself about upgrading RAM from 1,5 to at least 2Gb, he can do that.

I know it is harder to upgrade notebook with RAM, but it isn't impossible mission.

For one, 7 won't run well on those specs and its very likely that he won't find windows drivers for some of the hardware.