Just Bought.

ulikeitracing

I am new to computer is some respects. I am replacing my very slow Athlon 1200mhz, 512mb pc133, geforce 4 256mb, 60+40gb hd, 19 trinitron crt.

I have replaced it with a Dell because my work has a purchase program with no interest for 18 months and they take it from my check.

I just ordered:
XPS 630
4gb Corsair dominator
500 gb 7200rpm in RAID 1 (500gb x 2)
2 x 8800gt cards
Bluray burner
dvd burner
24 ultrasharp monitor

Hope this thing is fast.

Oh and a Q6600 quad core

Last edited:

MBGraphics

VIP Member
My Dell has worked great for me....For about 2-3 years....But now it's a POS. Hope you like buying a new comp ever 2-3 years :p

Vizy

BAH them all ulikeitracing. Its cool that you bought a new comp to replace your older once. but its true, your going to be replacing it every 2-4 years...if ur lucky. but by then, you wouldn't care.

but seriously....why dell?

tanha

problem

:confused:I have big problem is english.some word,sentences i understand.but some word i don't understand?that i read the massage but i don't know what's the metter i send you?
what are i doing?:confused:

tanha

problem

I have big problem is english.some word,sentences i understand.but some word i don't understand?that i read the massage but i don't know what's the metter i send you?
what are i doing?:confused:

MightyKing

Yeah thats a good buy, don't listen to these guys, Dell is fine. My laptop is Dell and no problem since I bought it, specs are on my signature.

ulikeitracing

Well I bought Dell because the company i work for has a purchase program. We can get a 0% interest loan up to $2500 for dell products plus a 12% discount. They take it out of my weekly check for 18 months. It was a way for me to buy a nicer computer with no interest and 10% up front. I think it will be a fine computer, the reviews of the 630's have been good and it has some decent specs. I would of preferred to build a rig but this is gonna be my family computer, so that will have to come slow. My wife is a teacher and both my kids love getting on the computer too!

deankenny

Yeah thats a good buy, don't listen to these guys, Dell is fine. My laptop is Dell and no problem since I bought it, specs are on my signature.

1. its a laptop dell make perfectly good laptops
2. trust a dell owner to say that :p theres a reason why 99% of people on here dont have dell

daisymtc

ha...what wrong with dell?...his specs are ok

The 'beauty' of intel C2D/ C2Q are their overclocking ability. Which basicly mean when you feel your PC is low, you can overclock it to get a better performance. With dell, they locked the BIOS, so you can't overclock at their machine.

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
overclocking is for peope who overclock...

so its crap for overclockers but good for anyone else??

he didnt mention overclocking so i guess its a good buy to him, i know people who have dells and have had no problems......

nie specs, will be a good computer mate :)

ulikeitracing

Well actually it comes with software installed to allow you to overclock. The Nvidia ESA lets you overclock. It is a Nvidia SlI chipset. 750w power supply should be enough to get me going. Gonna add some more and or better fans to keep her cool. As much of what I have read it has all the makings of a good system Dell or not. So your saying that the Q6600 Quad is a bad processor because dell installed it, the 2 8800gt card suck because dell screwed them in, the 4gb 800mhz corsiar memory is crap, the raid 1 2 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache hard drives are gonna implode because they touched em. I'm sorry but I just don't believe they would be in business if the computers they build all fell apart.

I am not looking to make record fps on Crysis, just want to be able to play a few games, listen to some music and watch the occasional flick. They just assemble these computers, they don't make all the things that go in them. Besides has everyone here had a Dell and had it explode on them, or maybe you heard that a friend of a friend had issues. Maybe it was a tiny bit of user error. When I get it I will run some tests to check speed and let you all know how much it sucks!!!

Besides I have a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty with accidental insurance, they replace it anyway if it so much as farts.

Candy

Maybe everyone should stop telling him dell sucks and give him a reason other then you cant oc. As he was saying he only wants to be able to play Crysis. My system is nowhere near as good as the one he's getting and I can still run it. They say Crysis is the most demanding game out there atm (as far as i know anyway) so why would he need to oc.