Just Cause 2

Tuffie

I just recently installed Just Cause 2 (3gb memory requirement), on a computer with 1Gb of physical memory, I was able to open the program and play smoothly without receiving the following error code if I closed almost all unnecessary programs to free up memory.

Later after playing for awhile I found that I couldn't save my game, and after researching the issue I found that all I had to do was give the .exe administrator privileges, and it would allow the game to save. After doing this the error code came back:

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

So I was wondering is there any method of getting around this like upping the page file or something? Because I was playing just fine with stunning visuals, and no lag.

ZER0X

VIP Member
If you don't play with administrator privileges, can you go back and play again? or is it stuck now?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
That error sounds like you are trying to save to a disk that's full as opposed to running out of RAM.

edit: found this thread on eidos forums, I don't like the solution posed by their moderator though http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=107052

and from their FAQ:
Q: I'm getting this Error; "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." How do I fix this...?
A: There's currently no answers as to why this occurs and how to fix it. Try to follow what's mentioned above. Also make sure you've got enough space available on your Harddrive.

You might wanna try to increase the Virtual Memory;
• Right-Click "Computer" in the Start Menu and select Properties.
• Go to the Advanced Tab followed by the Performance Settings Tab.
• In the new Window click Advanced Tab and then under Virtual Memory click Change.
• By default it should be set to Auto.
• Enter new values and hit Ok.
Note: Administrator Rights are required to do this procedure.
If you've increased the value, a restart is not critical. But if you've decreased the value, a restart is critical for the changes to take effect!

Last edited:

Hsv_Man

Just Cause 2 is a great fun relaxing game I have never encountered an issue with it i'm thinking your drive is fine and has whatever < 100 mb to make a game save i would go with more ram and see if this solves your problem. Also what graphics settings do you run it on and whats your system specs so we can look deeper into this problem.

Tuffie

If you don't play with administrator privileges, can you go back and play again? or is it stuck now?

I didn't think to try that, but apparently it is now.

That error sounds like you are trying to save to a disk that's full as opposed to running out of RAM.

edit: found this thread on eidos forums, I don't like the solution posed by their moderator though http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=107052

and from their FAQ:
Q: I'm getting this Error; "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." How do I fix this...?
A: There's currently no answers as to why this occurs and how to fix it. Try to follow what's mentioned above. Also make sure you've got enough space available on your Harddrive.

You might wanna try to increase the Virtual Memory;
• Right-Click "Computer" in the Start Menu and select Properties.
• Go to the Advanced Tab followed by the Performance Settings Tab.
• In the new Window click Advanced Tab and then under Virtual Memory click Change.
• By default it should be set to Auto.
• Enter new values and hit Ok.
Note: Administrator Rights are required to do this procedure.
If you've increased the value, a restart is not critical. But if you've decreased the value, a restart is critical for the changes to take effect!

I tried playing around with the Virtual Memory allocations, still cant get it to go, which kinda sucks.

What a pain, anyone got any other ideas?

ZER0X

VIP Member
I had a read across multiple forums for you, and apparently it effects a few people, one solution (which, imo, is completely ridiculous, but worked) is to reinstall windows :S.

There was also mention to use readyboost, which again, to me, is kinda useless, but atleast there's no harm in trying this one.

Have you tried backing up your save game files and reinstalling the game?

Tuffie

I had a read across multiple forums for you, and apparently it effects a few people, one solution (which, imo, is completely ridiculous, but worked) is to reinstall windows :S.

There was also mention to use readyboost, which again, to me, is kinda useless, but atleast there's no harm in trying this one.

Have you tried backing up your save game files and reinstalling the game?

I reinstalled the game, selective booted, then ran it with 4gb of ReadyBoost.

I didn't think it'd work, but it did the trick perfectly.

Thanks for your help mang.