kaspersky or nod32

dannaswolcott

I need to know what av program is the better one.. kaspersky or nod32 I need something with firewall built in it. I am using AVG free 2011 and its nice, But I want something with a lot more futures. Let me know your opinion. thanks in advance!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I side with Kaspersky as well. I've dealt with NOD32 and found too many common virus' come through.

Slacker7

NOD32 Version 4.0 I have been using it for years (since version 2) and found no issue with viruses coming through in the least.

I have found Avast to be very good as well.

allan29t

What additional features you need ? For me AVG is enough, but if you ask between Nod32 and Kaspersky i vote Nod32.I have tested both.

From my experience Kaspersky is the best antivirus and best security provider. Recently i purchased it's home edition license. Really kaspersky is a properly worked in everytime.

Tayl

VIP Member
Should have poll'd this.

I'm a NOD32 user here, so naturally I'll vote for that. Mainly because I've never used Kaspersky. My license for NOD32 is up in a few months so I might move over to Kaspersky purely because of the response it's gotten in comparison to NOD.

However, I have absolutely no quarrels with NOD at all. It's always looked after my laptop for me when and when not using a firewall. Detection rate has been great and I'm still yet to get a virus (been online scanning to back up NOD's results from time to time).