Keep Getting BlueScreens

auluftwaffles

Over the last few months I have been getting BlueScreens once every few weeks. I looked into the critical errors I was getting whenever a BlueScreen happened, and it is the same one. The information microsoft provides didn't really help me. This is the error:

Critical:
Event ID: 41, Source: Kernel-Power

Error:
Event ID: 3, Source: Kernel-EventTracking
Event ID: 10, Source: WMI
Event ID: 6008, Source: EventLog
Event ID: 7000, SOurce: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7026, SOurce: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 10016, Source: DistributedCom

Here is what happens immediately before the BlueScreen, although I am not sure if the same thing happens for every type of BlueScreen:
-Internet browsers take ages to connect to a website
-Then shortly after nothing responds

Anyone had similar problems and resolved them? Anybody know what is going on?

This problem persisted through a change in my GPU.

Quickpaw

I'd say the quickest solution here would be to take it to your local PC repair shop and have them do a diagnostic on the unit to see if its a hardware issue or not.

Are you running a RAID setup?

A couple things you could try though:

1. With the computer off, unplug the power cable. Open the case and remove your RAM (make sure you are grounded while working in the case). Hold the power button for about 20 seconds or so (this will flush any lingering power from the board). Reinstall RAM, plug in again and start up the machine.

I have seen this fix issues ranging from machines not booting at all to BSODs to slow running machines.

3. Enter your BIOS when you first turn on your machine and set it back to factory optimized settings. (Often accessed by pressing ESC, F2, or DEL keys when the machine is first turned on, before it goes into windows)

2. If you're willing to invest a bit of your own time, back up all your data and do a full format and reinstallation of windows.
If you are not sure how to do this the internet if a valuable resource, or we can provide you with instructions.. although depending on your knowledge level here it may just be easier/faster to bring it to a shop.

Someone else may have more ideas but event viewer and BSOD error codes are notoriously vague.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

auluftwaffles

==================================================
Dump File : 091912-19422-01.dmp
Crash Time : 19-Sep-12 23:34:40
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000116
Parameter 1 : fffffa80`06ae2010
Parameter 2 : fffff880`0f1c4584
Parameter 3 : ffffffff`c00000b5
Parameter 4 : 00000000`0000000a
Caused By Driver : dxgkrnl.sys
Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+5d000
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091912-19422-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 479,808
==================================================

Kano

It might be worth going to your display adapters and removing the drivers, then re-installing once you restarted the system.

Okedokey

Please download PC Wizard from my sig, install it and run it. Go to FILE, SAVE AS and CLICK OK, copy the text out of that file into this thread. ALso post exact PSU model and brand.

FuryRosewood

A good clean install of the display drivers may be what is needed here, as the symptoms started when the new card was added. Did you remove the old drivers beforehand by chance?

Quickpaw

A quick search in that driver error shows people having success updating their DirectX installs. Maybe give that a shot as well.

Okedokey

A good clean install of the display drivers may be what is needed here, as the symptoms started when the new card was added. Did you remove the old drivers beforehand by chance?

Thats true, andhas already been suggested. It could also be that a rubbish quality power supply is running a new gpu. Im guessing the later.

auluftwaffles

PC Wizard 2012 Version 2.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner: David
User: David
Computer Name: DAVID-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1
Report Date: Tuesday 16 October 2012 at 21:53

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Asus P8Z68-V PRO

> Chipset : Intel Z68

> Processor : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3400MHz

> Physical Memory : 8192MB (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

> Hard Disk : KINGSTON SH100S3120G ATA Device (120GB)

> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD10EARS-00Y5B1 ATA Device (1000GB)

> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD20EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device (2000GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

> Monitor Type : Samsung S27A950D - 27 inches

> Monitor Type : Asus VK246 - 24 inches

> Monitor Type : Acer ACER V243HQ - 23 inches

> Network Card : Intel 6 Series Chipset Family Ethernet Controller

> Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

> DirectX : Version 11.00

> Windows Performance Index : 7.6 on 7.9

***** End of report *****

PSU: Seasonic SS-650HT Active PFC F3 (Ball Bearing Fan)

Quickpaw

OP said that the issue persisted through a change in GPU, not that it started once he replaced it.

Have you tried reinstalling directX yet?