Lappy is very unhappy

luckyedboy66

oh boy, did i screw things up this time... its a long story, so ill skip the gory details. ive been having trouble dual booting, so i just keep it to where XP automaticly boots on power up. i recently had do a CD-repair on Xp, so the skin i had (vista transformation pack 7) was uninstalled. no big deal right? just reinstall it. so i did, and then restarted it, just as the prompts said. well, when it restarted, the screen stayed black (no imput) and after about 5 seconds, it started beeping. very bad. the LED function lights come in, the CD drive boots, and i think i can hear the HDD spin up, but nothing at all on the screen. i dont know what in the world happened. my guess is that some BIOS files got corrupted, but i have no idea how. i dont think that VTP7 would need to mess with the BIOS. anyhow, on the third try, i said a quick prayer, and it booted up. unfortunatley, it got shut down again, and its back to dark screen and beeping again. so far i have taken out the CMOS battery, and it didnt help. does anybody have any ideas on how to reset the mobo, or jog it to at least getting to bios settings?

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
i always find reseating the ram is a good place to start; or at least swap out some ram if thats an option