Laptop as DVD Player

BarePaw

I am getting a laptop for travel, but would like it to function as a DVD player at home. What should I look for in a graphics card to be able to handle playing a HD-DVD on a 42" LCD TV with a decent picture? Thanks.

luckyedboy66

as long as you have a nVidia 8000 series card you'll be good. i think the base model card could handle it, but if youre gunna have an HD-DVD drive, you might as well go all out...

(if anyone posts anything about how some 7000 series cards can be better than 8000 series cards, i will flame you so hard :mad:;):rolleyes:)

luckyedboy66

You don't need an 8000 series card.. Most 7000 series card's with DX9c will be fine.
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
you did that on purpose didnt you!?!?!? BA$T@RD!!
consider yourself flamed :mad:;)

as long as you have a nVidia 8000 series card you'll be good. i think the base model card could handle it, but if youre gunna have an HD-DVD drive, you might as well go all out...

(if anyone posts anything about how some 7000 series cards can be better than 8000 series cards, i will flame you so hard :mad:;):rolleyes:)

7900GTX>8500

compfused

Because if they counted he would have to admit he was wrong, and Dell Xps notebooks have a 7950gtx option which pwns some 8 series cards.

luckyedboy66

youallhavebeenflamed.gif

Bwaaahahahahaha!!!
(sorry to whoever started this thread, i hope you got whatever info you needed before we went off on this pointless discussion)

nsbgerard

who, me? do not make snotty comments about a subject which you do not know.

You've already proved you're the one with limited knowledge, and you got upset that you were wrong.. You don't know who I am or what I know, so please don't make assumptions. Yes I just joined this forum. I was bored.
tnxbai