Laptop CPU

cRABu

I have 2 laptops, one is HP and the other is ACER. The Acer has a Intel T5550 cpu, and the HP Intel T2500. Both are mounted on a 478 socket. I wanted to swap the cpu's from one laptop to another, and viceversa but it seems like they just DONT FIT in the socket! Both laptop's chipsets are copmpatible with the CPU's and both mobos have mpga478 sockets. How is this possible?

Attachments

• 30062008138.jpg
    30062008138.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 45

cRABu

of course i can see the diffrene, and the absent pins. The question is: Why doesen't my intel T5550 cpu fit in that mpga478 socket ???(the cpu is compatible with the mobos chipset, and it is ment to be mounted ona 478 socket)

houseofbugs

of course i can see the diffrene, and the absent pins. The question is: Why doesen't my intel T5550 cpu fit in that mpga478 socket ???(the cpu is compatible with the mobos chipset, and it is ment to be mounted ona 478 socket)

Because you touch yourself at night? lol jk

But seriously. Its because there are different revisions and wattage capacities for different laptops. The T5XXX will draw more juice than the T2XXX. They change that one pin because they don't want you putting, lets say a 90 watt CPU on a 45 watt motherboard. Its annoying but its for the better.

~Tim