laptop fan

maxmad

:mad: ive gad my laptop since christmas and in middle of february my fan stopped spinning. im under warranty but i got this laptop from america so i cant get i repaired in europe only in america. ive been playing on games that use quite a bit of my cpu and my pc is getting hot and restarting all the time i play on a game.
its ok for internet though

anyone have any ideas?:confused:

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
modern notebooks get very hot before they shutdown; i've seen machines get so hot that the plastic has melted.

I would seriously look at getting the fan sorted out.

Also, be sure to find out that the warranty only applies in america or whether you can transfer the warranty to where ever you live

maxmad

yes but couldnt i try and open it up to see if the wire has come loose(i would loose my warranty then even though i cant get if fixed over in england or the e.u because its us laptop like i said earlier)then i could see if that is the problem its,really peeing me off now :mad:

cryption

before you open it can you tell me what type of laptop it is? I'll try to get your sorted out as best I can.

nffc10

It's a Sony Vaio VGN-N130G, trust me though you will not find a fan for that model anywhere. I've driven myself round the bend for hours looking for one.:mad:

Oh yeah, he's my brother!:D