Laptop for under (or at) $600

Kieth8

I was wondering if you guys could suggest some good laptops for under or at $600 (U.S dollars). I need something that can play games. I know I'm not going to play anything near Crysis level with that budget, but I'm aiming for one that can play games like "Rise of Legends, Rise of Nations", Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, and that Flight Simulator by Microsoft(I think). I also need it to be able to burn CD's and DVD's. I'm making the assumption that if it can run those games then it will run internet and the Operating System pretty fast (to me pretty fast = faster than an old DELL with no gpu from 8 years ago). Thanks for any help you can give. I don't know much Laptop lingo but am very comfortable in Desktop stuff (ex. Ram, Hardrive size), but i think laptops use a different way to rate CPU and I know they use different GPUs.

bengal85

I was gonna suggest Netbook but then I saw that you wanted it for gaming even though the netbooks will run any game the size makes it kinda hard

Kieth8

I didn't see anything at DELL, these three are all I could find that looked good.
They are 1) HP Pavilion dv2-1110us 2)ASUS K50 series K50AB-X2A 3) Toshiba Satellite L505-S5995 They are all on Newegg (can't hyperlink on a PSP)
I'm mainly looking at the 2 (not the HP). They sound good, but I don't know about the cpu or if I need 4 or 3 gigs of ram. Also, are there extra length batteries you can buy for laptops.

Last edited:

Stoic Sentinel

I didn't see anything at DELL, these three are all I could find that looked good.
They are 1) HP Pavilion dv2-1110us 2)ASUS K50 series K50AB-X2A 3) Toshiba Satellite L505-S5995 They are all on Newegg (can't hyperlink on a PSP)
I'm mainly looking at the 2 (not the HP). They sound good, but I don't know about the cpu or if I need 4 or 3 gigs of ram. Also, are there extra length batteries you can buy for laptops.

Dead link, re-post please?