Laptop is really loud lately.

PHATSPEED7x

The last couple of times I've used my sony I've noticed it's been really loud. IDK. Maybe I'm use to the quite cooler running acer I have now. Any ideas how I can get this thing to shut up without shutting it down?

IxBLACKHEARTxI

Either that or one of your laptop fans are going bad.I have had many laptops in the past.I remember having the same problem with a dell xps gen 2 laptop I had.And it was one of the fans that went bad.

PHATSPEED7x

I'm running a cooling pad, the fan in the computer is running. And according to my temp my CPU is anywhere from 62*-70* C. Even my HD temp is up there at almost 50* C.

fortyways

banned
I'm running a cooling pad, the fan in the computer is running. And according to my temp my CPU is anywhere from 62*-70* C. Even my HD temp is up there at almost 50* C.

Well I imagine your CPU area is dusty (acts as an insulator) and causing your fan to spin faster/more often than before. Though, I don't know about your hard drive: most laptops have the hard drive in its own passively cooled chamber. It shouldn't really accumulate dust, but it couldn't hurt to check.

Also, how does one "run" a cooling pad?