Laptop Not Holding Charge/Possible Power Surge?

kingreilly

Hi. This is my first post here, and I did do a search to see if there were similar topics. I am really sorry if this has been asked before (or numerous times before.) I know how annoying that can be. I didn't find a thread with the exact issue I am having.

I had my laptop plugged into a power strip that also had a TV plugged into it, and when I turned on the TV, everything just went dead for a second. The laptop was still on, didn't skip a beat, but it did inform me it wasn't plugged in anymore and was running on battery.

So, now when it is plugged in, the blue light around adapter plug glows for about 5 seconds before tinkering out and not glowing. Then in about 30 seconds, it does the same thing. 5 seconds and tinkers out. And keeps happening. The laptop is fine, but it is now slowly losing battery power.

I've tried various outlets all over the house.

I also took the battery out, and it still does the same thing.

I was just wondering if this would be an adapter issue or a battery issue?

Hope nothing happened to the inside.

It's an HP dv2000

tremmor

ive never had a power supply go out. never a battery. always followed procedure. ya might have two problems. battery and charger. you can boil battery. leave it plugged in 24 hrs a day.
that will do it.

Mr.laptop

Sounds the power adapter is out of order. the bottom right corner of the screen shows battery or AC functioning?

Motoxrdude

What does the adapter do when it's plugged into the wall but not the laptop?

I'm thinking its the adapter too.

i had the same problem few days ago coz of power surge and it cost me my battery adapter, i think it might be the same for u. check adapter.