Laptop or either notebook

StrangleHold

Staff member
For anybody that remembers me, I was a big time desktop freak. Usually had 4 going at the same time and probably parts for 4 more, plus parts laying around everywhere. Built and repaired computers for like 25 years. Well I had a epiphany, I'm burned out on desktops. Sold all of my computers and working on selling all of my parts. Which I assume, will probably give away some of them just to clear out. To my point, I'm thing of getting a laptop or notebook. Not looking to play games so the GPU doesn't need to be that good, but good enough if I did want to I could play on decent settings. One thing I want is a AMD processor. Don't ask why or I would have to go through 25 years worth of raging, LOL. Want at least a 4 core 8 thread, around 8 gb of ram and at least 512gb SSD. The price anywhere between 500 or 800 bucks. Hit me up and tell me your options. Thanks

beers

Staff member
There should be some decent options in that range, also you'll prob see zen4 laptops around the corner since they showed a lot of them at CES. Probably the best time to jump is when a large tech refresh like DRAM happens, plus you have other interface items USB4 etc. Keep in mind DDR4 came out in like 2014 and is just now staring to be replaced by products such as these. Also 5 GHz boost in a laptop seems like a cool thing.

I swapped my desktop for this laptop in the sig, would still choose the same path with do-overs.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Never though about Zen 4 coming out. Good point. Wonder how good there onboard will be. The Dragon HX doesn't sound bad. Don't really care about battery life. Will be used at the house 95% of the time.