Laptop problem keeps crashing /turns off

justjohn

i took my laptop to get it looked at by the computer shop they ran a stress test for 5 hours no problem cleaned it for dust build up said all fixed i get home play a game and it shuts down in 2 mins also shuts down simple tasks browsing websites pls help guys

justjohn

i looked at the event viewer i got 342 critical events so far this month kernal power 41 got lots of errors too not sure what to look for in there

Punk

Staff member
Kernel Power 41 means that the power supply failed. I had the same event when my battery died on my Asus laptop. Removing the battery and leaving the laptop plugged in gives you crashes too?

Darren

Staff member
i took my laptop to get it looked at by the computer shop they ran a stress test for 5 hours no problem cleaned it for dust build up said all fixed i get home play a game and it shuts down in 2 mins also shuts down simple tasks browsing websites pls help guys

I assume you paid for this service? If so, take it back and say it's not working and show them. You should receive the service you paid for.

justjohn

Can you tell me what other events you have?

i got like 1000 events of this kernal event tracing thing event ID 3 no clue lol

i got HAL error thing event id 12

google update error thing hmm got some Microsoft antimalware errors

loadperf errors event id 3002

service controller errors

and lots wanring stuff kernal event tracing warnings, kernal pnp wanrings

Punk

Staff member
i got like 1000 events of this kernal event tracing thing event ID 3 no clue lol

i got HAL error thing event id 12

google update error thing hmm got some Microsoft antimalware errors

loadperf errors event id 3002

service controller errors

and lots wanring stuff kernal event tracing warnings, kernal pnp wanrings
Let us know if you still have the problem when you get your laptop back :)

justjohn

ok got it back from the shop they tried putting new ram in but still turned off and said could be the hard drive or maybe my battery charger they did some tests on my hd tho and said it was good but i should try replace it and fresh install of windows

guys so it doesnt seem to turn off in safe mode so does that mean its not a problem with the harddrive or power charger? guessing its windows problem maybe i should do clean windows install or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Punk

Staff member
Download a HDD diagnosis tool corresponding to your HDD brand, if you don't know which one to download tell us your HDD brand. @johnb35 and @beers what do you guys think?

justjohn

ok mate i have a
Hitachi

also the repair shop i took it too said they did test the hard drive and said it was good

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a hardware issue of some kind. How old is this laptop and what operating system is it running? My first instinct would be either HDD but since it doesn't shut down in safe mode then its probably a piece of software starting at bootup, like a driver or service.

Have you had any issues with malware infections lately?

justjohn

Sounds like a hardware issue of some kind. How old is this laptop and what operating system is it running? My first instinct would be either HDD but since it doesn't shut down in safe mode then its probably a piece of software starting at bootup, like a driver or service.

Have you had any issues with malware infections lately?

hi mate i had the laptop for 4 years now its running win 7 home premium 64 bit and yea hasnt shut down in safe mode, hmm no malware issues lately i had some before a while ago but sorted that out as far as i know

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I guess the first step would be to reinstall windows and see if that makes a difference. Do you have an extra laptop drive that you can reinstall windows on?