laptop problem

wicked

i have a dell inspiron 1525 there is no noise from the hd the loading os screen comes up but stays there the hd light blinks for a bit but after like 3min it goes solid then shut off but load screen still there. and doesnt have loads a repair but stops at the hd. any ideas what is wrong. could the hd be dead or something else. pls help:confused:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I'd suggest popping the drive out and trying it in another computer. SATA laptop drives work just fine in desktop computers (assuming you have SATA in the desktop :p) See if it works at all, maybe try and access it from Windows.

Also, while the drive is out, you could try and load the Dell without the drive. If you have a LiveCD handy, perhaps try and boot to Linux. Just anything to see if it gets beyond POST.

wicked

on the boot menu it used to show the hd when it is in but now is not or would it read it there even if it is dead

Rawlaw

The same thing happened to mine. your going to have to take it in. i don't remember the exact problem that caused that but i know it's kind of like getting a blue screen. I would take it in for repairs

wicked

it does everything but the os i removed the sata had and put it in my desktop and it does the same thing that vista does but load os i dont get it about to throw it out the window. it even speeds up the hd in trying to load the os but nada could there be a bad sys32 file and need re done but then it says some thing about the hd not working rite.it did this after clean up.

Last edited:

wicked

wow so i spent 3hrs. on the phone with dell to find out that the hd is crap so thankful for the fact of warranty's there gonna replace it for free.

wicked

yes i know i jus wasnt paying attention sorry i use it all the time but jus havent been all here for the past few day that stupid laptop top had me all worried even thou its a crap computer. but thanks for the help everyone
I'd suggest popping the drive out and trying it in another computer. SATA laptop drives work just fine in desktop computers (assuming you have SATA in the desktop ) See if it works at all, maybe try and access it from Windows.

Also, while the drive is out, you could try and load the Dell without the drive. If you have a LiveCD handy, perhaps try and boot to Linux. Just anything to see if it gets beyond POST.
thank you vey much for the help if i hadnt went throu this i would of still been here working on it insted of calling dell.