laptop problem

JOHN TAYLOR

My Dell laptop will not let me access the internet, the same thing happened 4 weeks ago repair shop charged £34.00 to repair it, said it was a registry problem, same thing happened 2 days ago no internet, at this rate repairs will cost more than the laptop which is only 6 months old. anyone had the same problem

Drewat17

My Dell laptop will not let me access the internet, the same thing happened 4 weeks ago repair shop charged £34.00 to repair it, said it was a registry problem, same thing happened 2 days ago no internet, at this rate repairs will cost more than the laptop which is only 6 months old. anyone had the same problem

Your laptop is only 6 months old? Don't you still have a warranty?

eckx

you could try fixing the registry by downloading a program called uniblue registry fixer . its the best there is. it should clear up any registry problems you have. also i suggest you uninstall the driver and install the driver for the wireless again. after you do this. you need to restart your machine and see if it responds. if it doesnt..go to control panel > device manager > and right click the wireless adapter. you should have an option to rollback the driver.

also check if you have any pending updates for windows, which havent been installed yet.

kimsland

Go to Safe Mode with Networking (by pressing F8 key before Windows starts up)
Does Internet work in there?

If so, then it may be related to Malware, or even a faulty Antivirus or personal firewall (I'm aware that when AVG corrupts it can cause no Internet, if you have that try uninstalling it)