Laptop Questions

itsaferbie

Hello,
So I'm in the market for a laptop and was wondering about laptops.
Processors- what is a good laptop processor? Is a Intel Core i3-350M and a AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor good? Also, what should I look for in a laptop? I'm looking at a HP and a Dell at the moment, are these good brands? And the both of those come with Windows 7 Home Premium. Same amount of RAM and hard drive space.
Thanks for the help!!
Donnie

bmtt

The intel i3 is a good processor and it is part of Intels 2010 range of processors. Stay well clear of Dell (my personal opinion) and go with a HP. Windows 7 Home Premium should be fine for you also.

DMGrier

VIP Member
AMD does not have anything at this time that can compete with Intel i3, i5 or i7 cpu's. They are working on some that will be just as good and will more then likely cost less.

So for the time being go with the i3 cpu. According to most consumer reports and my personal experience Dell are a higher quality build then the HP. They will last longer, has less bloat ware and a better customer support.

But I will say that most computer companies if you buy a laptop for at least $799 and above the computers are build with a higher level quality and better hardware and will last you 3+ years.

merry558

I wanna like to buy laptop having many features with high battery backup and of good quality.I have many options but i have no any knowledge about laptops ...please anyone suggest me that which laptop i have to buy

dell mini laptop skins

DMGrier

VIP Member
I wouldnt bother with A dell, there nowhere near as good built quality as a HP.

You do know HP is rated for some of the worest built pc's out there right? Some one on here just posted up a study from this site ( I think it was either engadget or hacker4life.com) and HP took dead last in reliabilty.

Not to mention that I trust most of the members on this forum's opinion and I would say for the last 6 months anyone that has been in the market for a HP that has asked for our opinions it has been recommended by just about everybody to stay clear of HP.

itsaferbie

The HP in the store has the Intel i3-350M Processor, and the Dell has the AMD, I'm sure if I ask though, they might have some Dells with a Intel i3-350M Processor.

itsaferbie

The Dell is an Inspiron, and the Hp, I'm not positve what make it is, but if its any help the screen on the Hp is 17.3"

DMGrier

VIP Member
I have owned two Dell Inspiron and they have been great computers. One of them is 5 years and the other is 3. The one that is 3 years has a AMD.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Get the Dell with a i3 for performance reasons, but if price is a concern and the AMD model is cheaper then the dual core AMD will be just as reliable.

itsaferbie