Left 4 Dead 2

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Introducing the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.
That sounds really cool. If it's pulled off well it would make the game more than worth buying.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I wish they would just add more content for the first game, which is already lacking tons of content. New maps, new missions, new achievements, new weapons, so forth.

Sounds to me like they are just creating a whole new game and skimping out on the first one.

Irishwhistle

imho they should really stick with the old characters... in fact they should stick with the whole old game as tlarkin said... just add more content.

Machin3

Ha, I was watching the unveiling of this game at the E3 Conference. It looks pretty sick! :D
The Power of a Chainsaw.:D

epidemik

I havent even got the first one yet

Exactly. Thats BS. You cant release a sequal when the first game is still full price. Im pissed. Way too soon. I'd be down with like Q1 2010 but this is too soon after the first game.

I wish they would just add more content for the first game, which is already lacking tons of content. New maps, new missions, new achievements, new weapons, so forth.

Sounds to me like they are just creating a whole new game and skimping out on the first one.

Yeah, they need to update content like they do with tf2. Theres tons more stuff always coming out in TF2. L4D is pretty weak right now, definitely not ready to blow another 50$ on a new game.

Not cool valve, not cool.

And does anyone else think it looks sorta cartoony, are they doing that on purpose?

Concept-V

Is Left 4 Dead a real good zombie game? That's what I'm looking for. Something scary like Doom 3 but with Zombies.

g4m3rof1337

need knife!!!!! i've been wanting a knife for L4D. :(

and maybe a BFG when the horde comes! :p

:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Floor_(mod)#Melee_weapons

Melee weapons

* Knife: The basic melee weapon. This weapon is used mostly for running purposes, as wielding a melee weapon allows characters the mobility to run.
* Broken Pipe: A balanced combination between speed and power, useful against masses of weak enemies like Clots, Stalkers and Crawlers.
* Axe: A slower but more powerful melee weapon, the Axe is good for masses of weak and medium enemies like Gorefasts and Bloats.

Earlier versions included a chainsaw as well, but this was removed following the version 2 release. However a chainsaw is in the Steam-released version.

kobaj

VIP Member
I really do agree with what everyone is saying, they are releasing it too early. But first off, its valve. Half life 2: 14 months late. Left 4 Dead original, 5 months late. We probably wont see this till Q2 2010 anyway, so dont get your britches in a bunch.

However, if they somehow release something on time (hahaha) I can potentially see why, using this post.

Yeah, they need to update content like they do with tf2. Theres tons more stuff always coming out in TF2. L4D is pretty weak right now, definitely not ready to blow another 50$ on a new game.

Some people (including me) absolutely HATE what TF2 has turned into. It used to be such a simple game that you could join and leave, come back a month later and you would still understand it.

With all these updates they are scaring away people who used to play, and new members who dont want to get mixed up in all the update mess. So with l4d, they are letting the original stay original, and if you want to try the new route, its not an un-doable patch, but a whole nother game.

Anyway, thats just my .04 cents ;D.

P.S. I love Valves cinema, and I love their movies.

MorningWood

You're kidding? A second one? Thats awesome news.

The game was a top-seller. Thats why they havnt bothered to down the price if its still in high demand. They arnt going to lower the price soon either because they are milking it as much as possible until l4d2. They need all the money they can get to process the next project

g4m3rof1337

Supported by a $10+ million marketing campaign, Left 4 Dead has sold over 2.5 million retail copies since it was released in November of 2008. Left 4 Dead 2 is targeted for release on Xbox 360 and the PC on November 17, 2009, and will be launched worldwide with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign across TV, Outdoor, and Online.

Just my opinion, but I think it'll be released on or near the set date.

And why release all of this new content in another DLC, when you can create another game, and make more money. If you're trying to hype a game, with billboard and commercial advertisements, how will that work if you're advertising another DLC? Now, another game, makes more sense.