Limewire through campus?

jamestheg

i go to school and live on campus and lime wire is blocked via firewall software on the network. can anyone tell me if it is possible to run it through a proxy and maybe how? im not very experienced with this program or proxys any help would be appreciated. thanks

MatrixEVO

My campus does the same thing, but I don't care about getting around it cause I commute and use limewire at home.

jasonz

Hey if you go to a major college, try this,

www.ruckus.com

It is free legal downloads for college students if you're school participates. I already DL like 130 songs. The only thing is you cant burn them cuz they are write protected, but its still nice to have them on comp. Also, its fast as hell cuz its not P2P.

footballstevo75

Hey if you go to a major college, try this,

www.ruckus.com

It is free legal downloads for college students if you're school participates. I already DL like 130 songs. The only thing is you cant burn them cuz they are write protected, but its still nice to have them on comp. Also, its fast as hell cuz its not P2P.

yeah my brother has that

its great

Zim0n

limewire is for sharing, now if you want to do it inside the network a security thing wont be a problem, if you want to use it you got to open up a port for it, which means configuring the router and you need a password for that, which you probly dont have, so if you crack it and get limewire to work, you will one day be discovered and boom, you're out