lines on screen.

ghost183

I have a Dell Latitude D820 laptop, and when I boot up I get vertical lines through the bios and when I log into windows, but when I boot into backtrack 5 the lines go away.
I hooked it up to an external monitor and it does the same thing, ran hardware tests on it and everything tested good. Anyone have an idea what could be the cause?

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

Here's two images I took of my screen.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you hooked up another monitor to it and you get the same results,Then i should say its a GPU issue,I see you have the laptop apart,What have you been doing to it/tried so far?

ghost183

I tried new ram and reconnecting the video cable and inverter. When I boot into linux there's no video problems, everything displays fine and there's no lines. I only get video problems when I first start up through the bios then they go away while windows is loading then reappear once the login screen loads, or when I try to put a new installation disk in the screen goes blank white.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Its your GPU, I worked on a laptop for a friend a few weeks ago with the same issues. If you boot into windows and disable the graphics chip check and see if it goes away.