Loading problem big time!!! User info gone???

Darth Menace

Hey guys...a few hours ago I was running RegCure and I had to take my laptop to work so I put it in hybrinate (while regcure was running.) so I get to work and start it up and it says it is having trouble resuming so I chose to start windows normally. so it starts up and instead of having the windows vista toolbar it has the older looking one from windows 2000 or XP, my startup menu is all different and my desktop setup is totally different. The only thing remaining from my original desktop is my wallpaper. All of the icons and links are gone. A windows box pops up that says:

"Location is not available:
C:\\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location"

Seeing this I had no clue what is going on so I tried to open up the folder that it mentioned, but said I don't have permission. I thought I would continue on with what I was going to do and watch a movie, but I opened the movie and a box came up saying that I do not have a audio driver installed (which i obviously did before) and I plugged in an Ethernet cable and it didn't pick that up either. Does anyone have any clue how I would get back to my original settings. As far as i see all my saved Data is still there, but formatting and re-installing is not my favorite option. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

PC eye

banned
If you can get the system restore feature going select the oldest restore point found to bring the system back before RegCure was even installed if just lately! Otherwise you will have to see a brand new admin account created in order to see it boot up normally again.

When not exiting RegCure first before putting the unit into hibernation RegCure probably removed the wrong entries due to being suddenly interrupted. The restore point would bring an earlier configuration back in. If that works out you won't need the last option of seeing Windows reinstalled all over fresh again.

Darth Menace

If you can get the system restore feature going select the oldest restore point found to bring the system back before RegCure was even installed if just lately! Otherwise you will have to see a brand new admin account created in order to see it boot up normally again.

When not exiting RegCure first before putting the unit into hibernation RegCure probably removed the wrong entries due to being suddenly interrupted. The restore point would bring an earlier configuration back in. If that works out you won't need the last option of seeing Windows reinstalled all over fresh again.

I have tried restore, but it wont run. in fact no programs run so that isnt an option. how do I make a new user account with this thing. Ive only cared to make one so far. How do I do about making a new admin account.

thanks for the help:)

PC eye

banned
First you would have to get Windows up and have administrative access in order to create any new accounts. That won't be happening now since you can no longer get anything to work. Since Vista no longer sees the repair install option that becomes another obstacle as well.

Darth Menace

First you would have to get Windows up and have administrative access in order to create any new accounts. That won't be happening now since you can no longer get anything to work. Since Vista no longer sees the repair install option that becomes another obstacle as well.
im in safe mode now (forgot about that) and control panel works now, but rstrui.exe still doesnt work. now that im in control panel/user account how do i go about making a new admin account?

Darth Menace

nvm....clicking anything in the user account section does nothing anyways. Guess its format time. :(
thanks for the help though

busweb

Format harddisk and re-install Vista - I would suggest to install XP - I had Vista on my old laptop and I hated almost every minute. A lot of errors coming from nowhere.
Anyways, what I wanted to tell you is that I have been used Registry Cleaner for almost one year now, and I was really happy with it. It's small, very fast, fixes everything in a minute. It's worth every penny you pay.

PC eye

banned
Format harddisk and re-install Vista - I would suggest to install XP - I had Vista on my old laptop and I hated almost every minute. A lot of errors coming from nowhere.
Anyways, what I wanted to tell you is that I have been used Registry Cleaner for almost one year now, and I was really happy with it. It's small, very fast, fixes everything in a minute. It's worth every penny you pay.

Take Vista off and go backwards to XP? I could then say take XP off of your machine and go backwards to 98 by the same analogy. Here XP is simply on until finding some updated versions of a few softwares Vista compatible as well as setup along with the primary OS Vista in a triple boot with Linux. XP will eventually get replaced likely by the next version when that is finally out.