Look what my dremel did today

taylormsj

DSCF3044.jpg

The switches do these ...

Ram and video cards fans (12v/5V), Rad fans (12v/5v), on/off front intake fan, on/off cathodes.

Still gotta get one more switch and get something to put at the back so you cant see the backs of the switches through the mesh

Comments??

newguy5

looks fine, but i don't know if i understand the practicality of having switches when you can either control fans from your desktop with a program or when you can just leave them on in general.

taylormsj

thats sik

Thanks pal ...

Valid point,
im running four 120mm fans that run around 35 - 40 DBa, they cool realy well, but i use my pc as a TV too, so when i want to watch something, loud fans are annoying and mean i need to turn the volume up a lot, and this will wake people up.

I also have a load of fans, not enough room on the motherboard slots to control in windows.

Modding is also a big hobby of mine, and it looks cool too.

Last edited:

Impulse666

Excellent job. Pop out the switches and put a small strip of black plastic and it would be perfect.
I'm planning on getting that case soon. Any thoughts on it?

taylormsj

Excellent job. Pop out the switches and put a small strip of black plastic and it would be perfect.
I'm planning on getting that case soon. Any thoughts on it?

Yep, gonna sort some sort of black foam at the back soon.

Great job. Looks very neat. The temp gauge looks great. Was it hard to make?

Nope, the bit for the temperature guage was realy easy with the dremel, however the holes were a bit harder, i needed 12.5mm hole an the biggest drill bit i had was 10mm, so i had to sand the holes to get the extra width.

Cool, now wire up some led's to the switches for indicators :D

Its a good idea, i hate all these wires tho :(

Nice job mate.