lookin for nice 2.1 comp speakers for the average man

i have 10yr old 2.0 altec lansings which i think are kinda nice, but i want the extra 0.1

my musical ear inst too good i use realtek 97 onboard and it sounds fine to me

my friend has some logitech x-240's that i listened to music on

i thought the bass was good and they sounded awesome at midlevels, but when we turned it up louder up i felt that the sound from the satellites wasnt quite as good

so im lookin for a set that i can turn up a bit more than the x-240's and still keep the "good" sound. Also, a bit more bass would be cool too

any suggestions? im willing to spend 100 bucks + shipping if i need to and have no brand preferences

thanks in advance

Vizy

the z-2300's, no questions asked. I have a pair of the x-240's and a buddy that has the z-2300. Amazing difference.

netrick

I also have the Z-2300. I would buy them again without hesitating.

EDIT: Though I probably would not buy this item from Newegg because I dislike their Bulk item return policy just in case it needs to be returned. I Bought mine at Amazon.com which is about $1 cheaper shipping included.

Last edited:
lol thanks i fail at math

ive been reading reviews, and other than the lack of mid these seem pretty solid

now i just have to decide where to buy them from

any ideas on that?

lol i fail at counting

anyway i was reading reviews and the only issue seems to be lack of mid range, which i doubt i will even be able to hear (and if i can i will just play with an equalizer)

so now the question is where do i buy these from?

netrick

Math isn't my strength either. :)

I did some quick checking around, and the best prices I could find from vendors I would personally trust, and has them in stock were at Newegg and Amazon.com.

ikermalli

I have the Logitech X-320's those are quite nice, they have pretty good bass, and they can be turned almost to full and the quality is still pretty good. They were like $50 last year from tigerdirect, I am sure you can get them for much less now.

netrick

so say that these were to arrive broken

what would newegg or amazon do for me then?

That's a good question.

Newegg's bulk return policy (which this item falls under) states the item cannot be returned to Newegg.com for refund or replacement service. This has stopped me from buying bulk items from them because defects can happen.

Amazon's returns on electronic equipment (the closest category I can find for speakers) states "Electronics purchased from Amazon.com, including items from the Target at Amazon.com store, are easily returned to Amazon.com within 30 days of receipt of shipment via our online Returns Center". This is where I purchased these speakers, and thankfully I did not need to test this policy.

Perhaps others on this forum have actually returned, or tried to return bulk items to Newegg and can shed more light on this subject. However, since the prices are so close between these two merchants, the return policy tips the scale in favor of Amazon in my opinion.