Looking for a Netbook

tlarkin

VIP Member
for very basic usage, like internet, email, and streaming audio/video and playing like DVDs and movies and music.

The catches are:

1) For the person who wants to buy one, they would require both audio and video out so they can hook it up to a TV or projector

2) Be affordable, the cheaper the better

Suggestions?

Calibretto

VIP Member
Well, most netbooks nowadays come with video and audio ouputs, so that wouldn't be a problem.

And the cheapest netbook you can find is under $200, but then again those only come with 1GB of RAM, 1GHz CPU and a 4GB SSD. The $300 ones usually come with 1.6GHz CPUs, 1GB of RAM and a 160GB HDD from what I've seen.

dubesinhower

my friend taylor (jtm on the forums) had an msi wind. it was pretty cool, but the keyboard isnt the best. the asus eee series are really well built. you cant really go wrong with one of the eee's.

CPTMuller

I currently use an EEE 1005HA-P, it was 380 new on Newegg, It's been fantastic so far, next time I get a chance I'll hook it up to an external display and tell you how it goes.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I just got myself an Acer Aspire One D150 (10.1"). $300 even on Amazon, includes the extended battery and free shipping. I'm quite pleased with it, plus mine came with the slightly better N280 processor.

I suppose you just need VGA out? Most any of them should include this, but a select few (Dell Mini 10, NOT 10v) apparently has HDMI out.