Looking for Motherboard for i5-2500K

Hello Everyone,

I been looking around for a motherboard for the i5-2500k cpu. It stated that it uses a socket 1155 but it seem like they don't exist anymore and they are all socket 1156. Compare to Gigabyte and Asus which company motherboards are better. I've use Asus for both my PC but I was told Gigabyte got a lot better.

Since I am making this post about the motherboard, I would like to ask about what video cards are good as well. I am looking for like 1 1GB card with dual DVI. As I was told and from reading around you can't SLI 2 video card having dual monitors. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.

PS: Price range I would pay for motherboard is $150-250 and Price range for video card is $100-$200 more of less. Thanks

Last edited:

salvage-this

Since I am making this post about the motherboard, I would like to ask about what video cards are good as well. I am looking for like 1 1GB card with dual DVI. As I was told and from reading around you can't SLI 2 video card having dual monitors. Any information would be helpful.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can run dual monitors with an SLI setup but you need to run all of the monitors off of one card.

For the GPU recommendation, under $200 I would go with the GTX 460 (make sure to get the 1gb version). If you can spend another $50 you can get the GTX 560. If you can get a motherboard that supports crossfire you might want to look at the AMD 6850 for $220 or the 6950 for ~$250.

Salvage, You mentioned that if i can get a motherboard that support crossfire I should look into the AMD6850 or AMD6950. The board I am planning to get is the Asus P8P67 -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...31705&cm_re=Asus_P8P67-_-13-131-705-_-Product

Still trying to find out some more information if there is a Pro version of this board and not the m-ATX one. I read the feedback and they said this board only support crossfire cards. Is that true? Also if I get the AMD card which brand should I go with? I was looking at the gigabyte card and it say PCI 2.1 x16. What if the board only say it has PCI 2.0 x16? Please let me know at your earliest convenient. Thank you.

linkin

VIP Member
The P67 issue was mearly degrading SATA2 ports, meaning if you don't run more than 2 hard drives (plugged into the SATA3 ports) you won't have a problem...