Looking for work in the IT sector

Iced_Flames

Hi. Ok, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find work in the IT feild? I have completed a networking course in TAFE and all. But the thing is, I have no real-world experience. Every job I look for online needs THIS degree, or THAT many years of experience. If you don't know of any jobs, do you know of a decent website where I could go to get entry level work with computers? Thanks for any help that you can provide.

alfonzo

It is pretty hard to find a job that is willing to hire without any prior experience, however I would suggest going to any local Colleges Community colleges might have a better chance for what you are looking for and checking the jobs that are posted up there.

Also, just say screw it to them wanting prior work and apply to the jobs that want a minimum of 1 year work experience and hope that good luck is on your side.

d3adpoetic

Hi. Ok, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find work in the IT feild? I have completed a networking course in TAFE and all. But the thing is, I have no real-world experience. Every job I look for online needs THIS degree, or THAT many years of experience. If you don't know of any jobs, do you know of a decent website where I could go to get entry level work with computers? Thanks for any help that you can provide.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. lol.

Im in the exact same situation. Sucks doesnt it? I just had an appointment this morning with an employment agency so at least now i wont be the only one looking. Ive just been applying for jobs that require 1-2 yrs experience, and others like that where im at the borderline of meeting the requirements. Ive also been moving towards desktop support and pc repair type jobs. Other than that ive started to lower my standards. Now im open to warehouse jobs as well since i have 3 yrs experience working in one. Retail, however, not so much...ive heard stories :confused:

Anyway, keep your head up. Im sure theres something out there.