MAC or PC ? Music editing

ranieridb

Hi everybody.
First of all, sorry for my poor english and my little computer knowhow.
This is : i'm a singer and teacher, i work on a 8 years pc, and now i have to change it because it's obsolete. I'm trying to understand if i'd better buy another Pc or a Mac. I have millions of different opinions and ideas in my mind, lots of friends and colleagues told me, but i'd like an expert opinion....

First of all, this is my first use : recording and editing multitrack projects with a good software (i've been using Cubase 5 till now but i'm going to upgrade to 7.5 or logic X as soon as i change my pc). I use plug-ins for midi creations.
I have to create some videoclips (not ultra-professionals, but i have to work with HD videos, and actually my pc does not support this).

Secondary use: web searching, music listening, doc creations ext..

That's what some people told me :
"Mac is better cause has a stable OS, it recognizes every external hardware you would connect to, it is safe from viruses, it last longer than a pc, you can buy it with logic pro X and a good HD video editing software included, instead of a pc, that needs extra-expensive softwares to do this"

"PC is better because at the same price you have a machine much greater than a mac, actually windows 8.1 does not have problems with crashing, you have the possibility to improve your hardware in the future, and, if you prefer Mavericks, you may also install Apple OS into your PC, so you have the use of a real mac but with the power of a great pc".

So....what shall i prefer???? help me please!
My budget is about 1.600-1.800 €uros.
PS : my audio hardware would be external(maybe MOTU), a part from pc expense..
Thank you very much

Mark4_4

I would definitely go for the mac. It has always been the more popular choice for music editing and rightly so. Logic Pro is a fantastic piece of software and mac will be much more compatible with external equipment.