Macbook Pro 13.3" - Serial Number

Michael

I bought an open-box MBP 13.3" tonight at Best Buy and got it home to find that the serial number on the MBP itself and the one on the box are slightly different.

Obviously, this doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone here think that Apple will give me a hard time if I ever need warranty service? My receipt shows the S/N of the box, not the MBP..

TIA!

philaaay

I would return it immediately! Let them know what happened - I used to work at Geek Squad and I know a lot of times, we get some Apple computers to work on because customer's returned them and every so now and then, I can see the boxes getting mixed up.

Since you purchased it open item, just let them know that you still want the computer, but would like the correct box with the correct serial number - that way, they'll know that you're not trying to juke them or something :p

Michael

I would return it immediately! Let them know what happened - I used to work at Geek Squad and I know a lot of times, we get some Apple computers to work on because customer's returned them and every so now and then, I can see the boxes getting mixed up.

Since you purchased it open item, just let them know that you still want the computer, but would like the correct box with the correct serial number - that way, they'll know that you're not trying to juke them or something :p

That's what I was thinking, thanks for the advice! On my way to Best Buy now :)

Michael

I brought it back and, after going in the back behind the see-through curtain for 5 minutes chuckling with his two nerd-buddies while glaring out at me, I ended up getting a refund.

The only thing they would offer me as an exchange was an open-box Macbook Air, and they wanted me to pay an additional $300 (for a total of $1450). That's not even the 10% off they're suppose to give for being an open-box item.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep my eyes open for a sale.. maybe MacMall has something for me.