Major Work flow slow down

ecoh419

Hello

I have two computers connected via an off line LAN. Computer A is my workstation, and computer B is used for storage and batch processing of image files.

I recently replaced computer B with a computer with the same specs. Both A and B run a 2.8 GHz with 2 gigs ram (various hard drives all SATA) and xp pro sp3.

My problem is that computer B is running photoshop and most adobe applications very slowly. Also, reading and writing files to computer B using computer A is now extremely slow. Like I said the only factor that has changed is computer B that has the same specs as its predecessor.

Please help Computer B is becoming a pain in the Butt

PCwhoop

banned
There are lot of reasons cause a computer slowing down. such as virus, system drive is full, or not optimized

ecoh419

I've ruled out a virus, the main system disc is not full, and i've set a dedicated partition for the Page file any way.

ecoh419

I swapped computer B because its predecessor's mother board quit and it was easier for me to just buy a bare bone system and put B' predecessors drives, and GPU into it. Thats it nothing else has changed. I've been going about my business in the usual way.

Its performance has progressively been getting worse. I'm at a point where this needs to be addressed its severally effecting my work flow.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Did you reload the OS???? Swapping major components with out a fresh install of Windows can cause all sorts of quirks.

tlarkin

VIP Member
OK, and the hardware is the same or different? The quality of drivers and how windows handles that hardware can also be a factor. There are just so many factors involved you are going to have to play a long process of elimination to figure it out

ecoh419

The only hard where thats the same are the 3 hard disks and the 3 externals disc which back the internal discs, also my optical drive, keyboard mouse gpu, and monitor are the same.

Mobo power supply cpu ram and the case are all new.

Im aware of the long process of trial and error, what im after is some direction on where to further research

ecoh419

The hard drives 3 internal sata and 3 external usb back ups, gpu, mouse keyboard and monitor are left over.

The mobo cpu ram power supply and case are all new.

tlarkin

VIP Member
First update all drivers, sample services running, check resource allocation, update the adobe suite, and go from there

tlarkin

VIP Member
eliminate software as an issue, wipe and reload everything, then if it still persists then it's gotta be hardware.

You may want to download and run a benchmark test as well, on our hard drives to see their I/O