Messed up with Windows XP SP2

ClayBrians

:confused:

WELL here goes the problem...
I had a perfectly working system with Windows XP Service Pack 1.
But after a second thought i decided to switch on to SP2 and without deleting/uninstalling the previous SP1. And now i have no windows applications opened. I couldn't even open the control panel to remove the service pack files. But I can load my XP operating system and the non-windows or MS apps such as the ROXIO or Adobe etc...

Will somebody please tell me how i can get my system up and running without wanting to reinstall the OS again. I dont want to part with my previous files and data.

Cheers,
ClayBrians

ClayBrians

Hi
:)
Thanks any way.
But I badly need the things I already have in my system. So i am scared of loosing any of them or getting it corrupted just b'coz i re-install windows again.

Well i guess if there is no other options i might have to go for the ultimate reinstallation. But i consider it a minor prob, 'coz i cant find a problem loading the OS or running any other app which is not MS registered like the Adobe or Roxio etc.....

So i am still searching for a better solution than ending up with the reinstallation (which perhaps might be only way to get out of it).

cheers.

smitherz

just try using an upgrade installation that way u wont loose any of your files. a system restore might work back to the point where SP1 was on your machine but im not sure.

ClayBrians

Ok that sounds good. I guess i shall try out an OS upgrade option.
I tried the system restore using comand line options. But it doesnt work as expected.
Well i shall give it another try.

Thanks again.