Microsoft & Best Buy

Twist86

Well that was simple...Best Buy has stupid employees and Microsoft knows it so this teaches them the not to think for themselves (a typical trait in people now a days) and Best Buy teaches stupid people to buy their crap so really its a smart move by MS. Plus it further delays Linux from getting popular.

Personally Linux is superior but till it can do everything windows can do (especially gaming) it wont be superior for the general population and be more of a smart guy OS :p

bomberboysk

There is a reason i suggest against shopping at best buy. Only time i buy from them is if its urgent or cheaper than anywhere else.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Interesting. I don't see what they're trying to do here. If they're preaching this to the common person then it's useless, which random guy on the street who actually buys from best buy is going to install linux on his computer?

bomberboysk

Interesting. I don't see what they're trying to do here. If they're preaching this to the common person then it's useless, which random guy on the street who actually buys from best buy is going to install linux on his computer?

Netbooks with linux on them, like alot of the eee pc's...

bkribbs

That almost makes me want to ditch Windows. If I could install Mac on them all, I would, just to rub it in Microsoft's face.

JlCollins005

i personally dont shop there, unless like bomber said i need something urgent or its cheaper to get it there than online which is very rare.

I just dont like the people they have working in the computer department, they try and talk to you like your dumb.

same with half the people working for geek squad ran into a few that know absolutely nothing

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Netbooks with linux on them, like alot of the eee pc's...

Though most netbooks at brick and morter stores runs XP or windows 7 starter. The problem with linux is no matter how great it is, it's not mainstream enough for all average consumers to use.

bomberboysk

Though most netbooks at brick and morter stores runs XP or windows 7 starter. The problem with linux is no matter how great it is, it's not mainstream enough for all average consumers to use.

Well Best buy has a few netbooks in store that run linux,i guess microsoft must see them as a threat to their business.

salvage-this

As a user of Ubuntu 10.4 and Windows 7 I have to say that I like both but I find that I am impressed more often with Ubuntu. I just wish that they could give credit where it is due. I am so impressed to see that kind of quality for an open source operating system.

I tried to get a job there and I got turned down. Yet I go in there and ask if they were going to start stocking DDR3 and they didn't know what that was. Maybe there is such a thing as being overqualified for what they are looking for.

BigSteve702

i personally dont shop there, unless like bomber said i need something urgent or its cheaper to get it there than online which is very rare.

I just dont like the people they have working in the computer department, they try and talk to you like your dumb.

same with half the people working for geek squad ran into a few that know absolutely nothing

i love asking geek squad if they sell any soldering irons. when they ask what for, i say i need them at my job, where i do REAL computer repairs. they always get pissed

HumanMage

A lot of people don't like Best Buy...but for me, their CD prices are great! I bought two CDs last week for 20 bucks. Granted they're 90s rock music so they are "out of style" but hey....20 bucks for Stone Temple Pilot's Purple album, and Primus' - They Can't All Be Zingers...is a great price!!!!

zombine210

don't stone me just yet... but i kind of agree with those slides; well most of them.

i used linux before, but jumping from windows xp to 7 was a breeze and super fun. anybody can go in there and tweak it for performance, or visual effects and stuff.

linux has always been a freaking mystery.
there are hundreds of distributions and even different versions have differences that you might have to relearn, it's a real pain to use linux.

i don't know about mp3 players or any peripherials or software, but gaming? yeah right! good luck first finding a video driver that works.

for the average consumer, linux might be a bit too much trouble, so yeah, buy windows.