Microsoft Office 2007 running slow/lag

Vizy

Well, click the big start button in office, in the top right. On the drop down, look for word options, it should be somewhere on the bottom without a ginourmous icon. Its right next to 'exit word' in the drop down menu.

Click 'word options' and on the left hand column, click 'resources'. The 'check for updates' button is the first link on the right hand window.

Vizy

Is it just this program? How about another program? I would think you have a virus or something.

How about u reinstall. Did u have the old office? Did that work? I believe it was 2003.

RandomHero34

Is it just this program? How about another program? I would think you have a virus or something.

How about u reinstall. Did u have the old office? Did that work? I believe it was 2003.

excel, one note are perectly fine. power point is alittle slow and word is very laggy. i did not have the old office. i installed it the first time from a disc called microsoft eqipt. it had office and live one care on it. if that helps.
do you have any suggestions before i reinstall?

KevinKevin

windows xp. pentium 4, 3 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM. It runs fine on my gf's comp.

It would run laggy/slowly with those specs. Office 2007 is power consuming software just like Vista. You would atleast need a newish AMD/Intel processor to get it running smoothly. You've got quite a lot of ram but without a decent processor it will lag.

RandomHero34

It would run laggy/slowly with those specs. Office 2007 is power consuming software just like Vista. You would atleast need a newish AMD/Intel processor to get it running smoothly. You've got quite a lot of ram but without a decent processor it will lag.

ok. thanks alot for the help

Jhow

I'd recommend openoffice.org. It's great for basic word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations and in my opinion far better than ms office 07. It always runs faster for me and I really hate that ribbon on the 07 version of ms office.