Microsoft Office 2010 beta

MacBook

banned
I've had it for a few weeks, it's pretty similar to 2007 and doesn't take much adjusting to. Overall I think it's a nice office suite, although I haven't found anything really new that justifies upgrading (at least for me).

Laquer Head

i've had it for a few weeks, it's pretty similar to 2007 and doesn't take much adjusting to. Overall i think it's a nice office suite, although i haven't found anything really new that justifies upgrading (at least for me).

bingo!

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Oh man Microsoft Office 2010 already?:eek:
My dad still uses Microsoft Office 97 looooooool!And I must say that its pretty good even today:D
Hell with the Microsoft Office 2010.They put so many things inside that I will need to buy more RAM just to be able to run it:D

Stoic Sentinel

Oh man Microsoft Office 2010 already?:eek:
My dad still uses Microsoft Office 97 looooooool!And I must say that its pretty good even today:D
Hell with the Microsoft Office 2010.They put so many things inside that I will need to buy more RAM just to be able to run it:D

Lol, yeah, the beta's been out for a while as bomber pointed out. I think it's pretty much 2007 as well, but I'm not willing to pay ~$100 to get MS Office 2007, so I'm just using 2010 beta, when you think they're gonna take it from us? :(

Aastii

VIP Member
Right, so far as I can see it is 2007 but it doesn't look as good :confused:

totally not worth buying if you already have 2007

joebob1235

i think its pretty much the same as the 07 one, the main difference is that it has a seperate tab for the file crap (save, open new) instead of the dropdown like before (i like the dropdown better) and it REALLY likes to use blue underlines

mickeycooley.ie

my initial response was similar. I had just gotten used to the new stylings of 07. Actually now I finally feel good about the ribbons and posturing stylization. 2010 I used for about 2 weeks and saw just cosmetic differences. I switched back to 07. Maybe in the future, but I as of now i finally found a version that i Liked. I'll be sticking with 07 til I find a reason to switch up. More powerful excel formulations or more efficient database management would be a real upgrade.

cheers.

mac550

I'v tried using 2007 at the radio station i work at and i hate it so id hate to have to use 2010. i think ill stick with 2003 :D

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I'v tried using 2007 at the radio station i work at and i hate it so id hate to have to use 2010. i think ill stick with 2003 :D

Try Microsoft Office 97 lol.Its pretty cool xD xD xD.:D
Usually older versions are better.:D
This newest versions are full of things that requires super strong computer and very large HDDs:D
Microsoft should include free HDD and free RAM memory chips with the Office 2010 xD and THEN maybe we would upgrade xD xD xD
LoL I am just kidding:p

jpdaballa

My dad has problems with 2007 and his computer, his outlook would always close in 5-10 min due to not responding... it was probably a vista problem though.

That being said I never have a problem with 2007 and XP

I'm sure he'll be happy 2010 is coming out soon

chibicitiberiu

I installed today Office 2010 and I must say... it is much better than 2007.

At least PowerPoint is, I used it the most... It has great new features... a new rendering engine, so animations are much smoother, also I see the text is antialiased, looks better than 2007. And I think I saw some motion blur as well, but not sure about that one...
Also some new transitions are available, improved 'text' and 'shape' effects, also some nice image effects like color correction, blur, water ripples etc...
Video and audio have now better support, also player controls, and I think it uses QuickTime to render video (some formats I think).

In word I found now available text effects, that weren't in 2007 (like the ones in powerpoint 2007)... haven't used it a lot to say more.

I didn't have problems with the RAM, it works just fine with my 1.5 GB (and windows xp). My old PC handles it just fine. The installer took a record time to download and install, the installer for winamp (just an example) is slow compared to this one... I was impressed.

I also found some bugs, but it's still beta, right?