mini dvds

roadkillbob

do those mini dvds or cds need a special drive to run in, i tried to run a game dvd in my pc and it didnt work, i could not even open the disk to see what was on it?????

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've never tried them in a slot loading drive, but basically all tray drives have the middle section for smaller disks.

Is this disk a commercial one? Or some burnt one? If it's commercial, it should work fine.

No in most cases they wont need a special drive. My experience with them is with a video camera who takes the "mini dvds" that you are talking about. they can also be used Just like normal dvd.s though

PohTayToez

Yeah, you can't read any console game disks just by inserting them into a normal computer, there are a few other things that need to be done first, but I don't think we can talk about them.

But as for blank Mini CD/DVDs, they should read fine in any drive with a tray. T_O_O pointed out that you might have some trouble with slot loading drives (such as a car stereo), and I believe that depends on the drive. Some drives can take them, but they can get stuck in and damage others.

kobaj

VIP Member
Yeah, you can't read any console game disks just by inserting them into a normal computer.

I wouldnt say ANY console game disks. Many of the good old Dreamcast disks had data on them PURPOSELY so you could play the game on the console and then put it in your computer to get desktop backgrounds, or extra videos, etc.

:D

zaroba

i remember playstation games could be put in the pc too.
couldn't do anything besides open the folders though.

it did make it easy to do illeagle things with them that can't be talked about here :p