mini itx ion build

CPTMuller

You might notice the difference but it is definitely usable, I'm posting this from my atom based (single core) netbook and am running firefox open office xfire and vlc (though VLC is idling), adding another core can only help given the circumstances

bomberboysk

Yeah....definately get the one. That $20 gets you quite a bit more from the motherboard, including an external power brick. The power supplies that come in cases are crap, and very prone to failure. And when a power supply fails, it usually overvolts, and takes out other things with it such as motherboard, video, memory, and cpu possibly. Think of it as insurance for your rig.

CPTMuller

Yeah....definately get the one. That $20 gets you quite a bit more from the motherboard, including an external power brick. The power supplies that come in cases are crap, and very prone to failure. And when a power supply fails, it usually overvolts, and takes out other things with it such as motherboard, video, memory, and cpu possibly. Think of it as insurance for your rig.

Good advice. So many of my friends have had PSU issues, it's almost sad.