Monitor has blue tint in white areas

SpringWater

I have recently ran into a new issue with my computer/ monitor. I booted it up and I have noticed that some shades of white appear with a very slight teal tint to them. I tried two different cables (a vga and a dvi cable) on the computer, as well as plugging a different computer into the monitor, but no matter what the tint persists. Does anyone know the origin of this problem? (I figured it might be just the monitors age causing the problem) I personally think it is caused by my monitor since both of the computers I have tried caused the same problem.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It if happens on different computers then its definitely your monitor going out, time to replace it.

mistersprinkles

Is this a new monitor? Has the lighting in the room changed? All you have to do is adjust the tint on the monitor slightly into the red range and the problem will go away. You can do this from Windows or (better) from the monitors OSD.

SpringWater

No, it's an old monitor (about 5 years old). The problem now somehow went away after I re started the computer a few times. Now there is a different issue where I can see the refreshing on the monitor (it sort of flickers) which leads me to the thought that the connection on it might be slightly broken off.