Monitor not centering pixels properly

Wolfy01

I recently purchased a samsung p2250 monitor, and as soon as I plugged it in I noticed that the pixels were slightly off. Occasionally (completely random it would seem) the pixels would all center to a different point slightly off the exact center of the monitor. I tried using a VGA cable and it worked fine, but it's VGA so I don't want to stick with it :p

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas as to whats going on?

deanj20

Does it do that in every resolution? Have you tried messing with all of the on-monitor adjustments? Cleaned all of the connections?

Wolfy01

I've tried it at a few different resolutions (1680x1050/1024x768/800x600) and it happens on each of them. It centers itself properly when I click on any of the menu buttons, but misaligns itselfs again soon after. Cleaning the connections didnt work either :(

I'm not so much looking for a solution as I am just information about why this is happening. I can always return the monitor as it's under warranty.

Nightrain

The 226BW I fixed (bad caps) did that and wouldn't run at the proper resolution until I installed the driver for it. Most monitors you don't have to worry about the driver, but some I have come across need it. Try searching for that models driver and seeing if that helps the centering issue.