Monitor problem: no image, blinking led

chibicitiberiu

My old PC has a FujitsuSiemens L9ZA 19" LCD monitor, about 3-4 years old.

For the latest few months, it has been having this problem, and it is getting more and more frequent. Few months ago it was occurring once every 2 weeks, now it's everyday.

The problem is that when powering it on, or exiting from standby no image appears. The blue power LED blinks. (in standby it's orange, when on it's blue).

I tried using different power cables, I tried unplugging the VGA cable from the computer, but nothing works.

After plugging it in/out few times in the back, it works, but the chance for it to work just gets lower every time.

So what could the problem be?

I'm thinking it could be a "fatigue" like problem, since it would stay on for 12 hours a day, or it fails to get enough power to turn on. But I'm no expert in computer monitors, so I don't know... But before servicing it I'd like to know what is wrong, and if it can be fixed without having to service it.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would say try it on another system and if it does the same thing then its a bad monitor. If it works properly on the different system then you have a bad graphics card on the other computer.

chibicitiberiu

I would say try it on another system and if it does the same thing then its a bad monitor. If it works properly on the different system then you have a bad graphics card on the other computer.

I disconnected the VGA cable from the computer, and it still didn't show that "No signal" message, it still had the problem.